Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bollywood...

Bollywood, the Indian Film Industry, is by far one of the largest and fastest growing film industries in the world. It has adapted to the demands of the younger generations and changed it's stories from sappy love stories to more dynamic and complex story lines where the guy and the girl don't necessary end up together. Although I truly appreciate the changes that Bollywood has made in order to be more successful on a national level, I can't help but feel like the classic bollywood films, like Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (DDLJ), sets the standard for what Indian Cinema was suppose to be like.

Granted, real life doesn't work like Bollywood films. The first guy that you come across isn't going to be the one that you spend the rest of your life with, and we all know that our lives don't come with cheesy song and dance sequences but I would argue that; that is the true fun of Bollywood!

For me, classic Bollywood films have always given me a reason to believe in love and I fell like now, more then ever, our generation needs to believe in that once again. As crazy as it may sound, I'm sure most young southeast Asian girls grew up imagining the person they fall in love with would be like Raj from DDLJ and while we know that he may not exist in the world, is it really that bad to have faith that maybe he does??

Honestly I have no idea what the answer is, I just know that faith in anything will never let you down. I don't think that there is any women out there that doesn't want to swept off her feet and while there may not be a Raj for all of us, there will be someone that comes close to our idea of perfection and truly, that is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment